Promodoro XL.com Ltd (“Lifesize Magazine”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Promodoro XL.com Ltd of 144 Clerkenwell Road, London EC1R 5DF.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Farhan Lalji.
The Site may contain links to other sites. Once you enter any of these sites (whether through an advertisement, service, or content link), be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit through a link or advertisement on our Site.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) Lifesize Magazine collects about you:
We collect PII, such as your name, gender, age, email address and phone number that you provide to us when you register on the Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site, we may also automatically collect the following PII:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the PII
In addition, we use PII that we collect from you:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Newsletters and emails we send to you:
At various times as you use the Site, you will be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional newsletters that we think might be of interest to you via email. These emails will not contain PII, save for reference to your first name.
Should you decide to unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, you can do so by selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each marketing email or online via the link provided in our website footer.
Emails you send to us:
Message Boards and public forums:
As a service to users of our Site, we may feature links to message boards, and other public forums. Any information shared that you reveal in a message board or online discussion is by design open to the public and is not a private, secure service. You should think carefully before disclosing any PII in any public forum. What you have written may be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorised purposes. As with any public forum on any site, this information may also appear in third-party search engines.
Information collected by third parties (not collected on our behalf):
We do not knowingly engage in business with any company that uses spyware or malware.
Disclosure of your information:
We may share your PII with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Our operations and maintenance contractors may temporarily have limited access to your PII in the course of providing products or services to us. These contractors provide us with technology, services, and content for the operation and maintenance of the Site. Access to your PII by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us. We may also disclose your PII to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your PII to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Lifesize Magazine or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Where we store your PII
All PII collected by this Site will be processed and stored by Lifesize Magazine. In addition, information you submit to us, such as information on a message board or chat room, is stored on the Site.
Despite our efforts to protect your information PII, there is always some risk that an unauthorised third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights and access to information:
Upon your request, we will delete your PII from the active databases and where feasible from back-up media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers.
The Act gives you right to access PII held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by e-mail, and by means of a notice on our home page.
Promodoro XL.com Limited trading as Lifesize Magazine is a company incorporated in England Wales (company number 09743257) with its registered office at 144 Clerkenwell Road, London EC1R 5DF.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.