Plus-size girls get enough grief in life without weird misconceptions following them around. Even though plus size girls are getting more of their share of the spotlight these days, there are plenty of myths and stereotypes that are still floating around that really need to be shut down now.
1. All plus size girls have low self-esteem
There may be the odd moment when we have our doubts, just like everyone else, but there are plenty when we feel awesome!
2. All plus size girls are funny
Always seen as the “funny” friend who has a “great personality”. Whatever, plus size ladies are just as likely to be boring bitches as they are to be the next Rebel Wilson.
3. Plus size girls can’t get a man
Marilyn Monroe would be the first to tell you, that a girl with curves gets the guys.
4. Plus size girls are clingy
Once she gets a man a plus size girl will be SUPER clingy. However she managed to “trick him” into dating her.
5. Plus size girls have low standards for men and are desperate
6. Plus size girls only attract crazies and weirdos
Surely it’s only chubby chasers that are interested in plus size girls right? You can’t be serious!
7. Plus size girls don’t work out
Surely every plus size girl just sits around and does nothing, right? Oh come on! Ever hear of Jessamyn Stanley!?
8. Plus size girls are afraid to show skin
Ha, yeah right! It seems our favourite plus size ladies are struggling to keep their clothes on these days.
9. Size 12 is plus size
First of all, how dare you shop for clothes at all if you’re not a size 3! Second of all, who decides what’s “skinny” and what’s “plus size”? Just chill out and sell me a nice pair of jeans ffs.
10. Clothes don’t look good on plus size models
Yeah. She looks hideous.
11. All plus size girls want to lose weight
Because every girl is secretly desperate for a thigh gap and a single-digit dress size? Puhleeze. We love how we look, just as we are thank you very much!